The Northern Counties Shih Tzu Club Championship Show 7th April 2018
I would like to thank the NCSTC for inviting me to judge this show. I remember being at the first meeting in 1981 and becoming a founder member.
Thanks you to George and Sharon Rose for stewarding for me and Marion Sweeney for taking photographs of all my winners.
Mouths are much improved.Still some narrow fronts. Plenty of large dark eyes which is so important in getting the correct expression together
with a good nose placement.
Minor Puppy Dog (1:0)
1. Maule`s Daltricia Arapaho. 6 months old G/W. Nicely balanced baby with a good neck, level topline and lovely tail carriage. Needs to mature in
head and gain in confidence on the move. Plenty of time.
Puppy Dog (7:0)
1. Carter/Leigh Gladmin Soweto Storm.11 month old B/W. I loved his broad head with large eyes and upturned nose. Well bodied for age
and correct length of leg. Good tail. Well presented in good puppy coat and moving well both ways.
2. Crossley`s Santosha Daybreak. G/W. Another puppy with what I look for in a head. Lovely dark eye and good mouth. Firm ribcage and
good bone. Well balanced and moved with confidence. Not quite as mature as 1st but very promising.
3. Howard Tameron Mr Guilty Black.
Junior Dog (7:0)
1. Maul`s Daltricia Kwakwali B/W. Very attractive head with a lovely expression. Exellent mouth. Large well spaced eyes.Totally balanced standing
and on the move.
2. Hey`s Lyndatzu Joi de Vivre. Solid Gold. Broad head and nice eyes. Correct tail set and carriage. Well bodied, moved and showed well.
3. Provost`s Paliden Rockstar.
Yearling Dog (6:0)
1. Sullivan`s Jacquinta Lets Go Andy. G/W. Masculine boy with ex head and good mouth. Well balanced with good tail carriage. Coat needing
to finish yet. Moved soundly.
2. Hey`s Shalehan Yasheron IMP. Smaller type with a nice dark eye and good mouth. Firmly bodied with an ex tail. Moved very well.
3. Phethean Isishouse Son and Heir.
Novice Dog (3:0)
1. Gladmin Soweto Storm.
2. Lyndatzu Joi de Vivre
3. Kilburn`s Suzitzu Lord Kalum of Blackgangshi
Post Graduate Dog (6:0)
1. Iley`s Yung Lo`s Who Needs A Dress (IMP Swe) Dark G/Wt . He has a lovely head and expression with upturned nose. Dark eye and
exellent mouth. Well bodied and with good bone. Nicely balanced with a high set tail. Moved soundly both ways. Body coat of good texture
but just needing to finish in furnishings
2. Dykers Kimeven Cast a Spell. Solid Gold. Everything in the right place with perfect balance and beautiful head. I've seen this dog let himself
down before on the move but he went so well today. Close decision with 1.
3. Crossley`s Cool Hand Luke.
Limit Dog (9:0)
1. Cooke and Hatten`s Art Made Gene Kelly. G/W.Super head and expression. Dark well spaced eyes. Broad jaw, good neck and tea pot tail.
Good ribcage. He is in ex coat and condition and moved well with drive. In the challenge I just prefered the bit extra length of back of the winners.
I'm sure his day will come.
2. Carpenter`s Magracara Star Attraction. A past favorite of mine. Lovely head,eye and exellent mouth. He's in good coat and condition,
well balanced and moved well both ways . A very nice boy.
3. Stevens Pekin Arckie Tu.
Open Dog (5:0) A lovely class to judge.
1. Scotts Honeyshuchun God of Thunder. G/W. Simply stunning in head. Broad, with large dark eyes, well spaced and with a lovely mouth
and upturned nose, he is just what I love. He has the correct lenth of leg. Level topline, longer than high and a well set tail. He's in super coat
and condition and a picture standing. Moved freely both ways. I was pleased to award him the CC and BIS. Well done on his title.
2. Turner`s Ch Artelino Moomins Adventure. Another lovely boy with an ex head and his well placed eyes give a typical oriental expression.
Good neck and tail balance and level topline. Broad chest, ex coat and condition and moving well with drive behind. A worthy Champion. RDCC
3. Jones Carlita Surrender to dream.
Veteran dog (2:0)
1. Marks Ch & Sw Ch Tansingh Double Jepardy. Apparantly I've judged this dog 3 times including in Sweden with different handlers and I've
done him well each time. He has a lovely head and expression and a good eye. He has a good mouth for his age. Exellent tail carriage and
moved realy well. Best Veteran in Show.
2. Doran`s Tzusweet Super Slueth. Masculine solid gold, well bodied and balanced with good neck and high set tail. Level topline. Moved well.
Special Beginners Dog (2:0)
1. Kilburn`s Suzitzu Lord Kalum of Blackgangshi. Solid gold . He has a lovely expression, good neck and level topline. Exellent coat.
A little high on the leg for me. Moved well.
2. Longstaff`s Shimali Victorious.Nice head and expression. Dark, well spaced eyes. Level topline, well bodied. Lacking in coat at the moment.
Moved and shown well.
Minor Puppy Bitch (4:0)
1. Stevens Pekkin Jive Bunny-Tu. G/W . Very confident baby with a lovely feminine expression. Well balanced with ex tail carrige.
Moved with style. Look forward to see how she progresses.
2. Gilkes Zeeva ReflectionsG/W. She has a very attractive head with a lovely expression and eye. Well bodied and an excellent tea pot tail.
Heavily coated and moved well once she settled.
3. Briggs Warathwaite Black and White.
Puppy Bitch (8:0)
1. Howard`s Tameron Miss Paris.G/W. Mature puppy in full coat. Broad head with dark well spaced eyes. Good nose placement and broad jaw.
Correct neck and tail balance and level topline. Moved well both ways. BPIS
2. Cooke`s Sannivek Art of Glory for Thaisu. Solid Gold.Very pretty girl with a lovely eye, nose placement and broad jaw. Nicely balanced.
Moved well once she settled. Giving a lot away in maturity to 1.
3. Everall`s Wharfeview Kissy Suzuki.
Junior Bitch (8:0)
1. Roberts Katonier Secrets and Dreams. She caught my eye as a puppy and shes progressing well. A very striking B/W with a lovely femine
head, nice dark eye and good mouth. So well balanced and in ex coat and condition. Moved well.
2. Iley`s Artelino The North Remembers (Imp ISL) G/W Very pretty head and expression. Full dark eye. Good mouth. A well bodied girl with
broad ribcage, reach of neck and level topline. Moved well with reach and drive. Just needs to finish in coat but plenty of time
3. Sutton`s Paliden Take a Chance on me for Ambarees.
Yearling bitch (1:0)
1. Briggs Warrathwaite Pure as`Snow. G/W Super head with large well spaced eyes. Upturned nose and correct chin giving an arrogant
expression.Good neck, level topline and highly carried tail. Moved so well with drive. A well deserved RCC.
Novice Bitch (1:0)
1. Zeeva Reflections.
Post Grad Bitch (12:0)
1. Ileys Ta Maria Amethyst (Imp Fin) A lovely g/wt girl with a beautiful feminine head and exp and nice eye. Exellent mouth. Good neck and broad
ribcage. Correct length of leg. Coat coming along nicely. Moves so well with reach and drive .
2. Dolphin`s Dolha`s Step Out in Style. Quality solid gold girl who I've admired. Another with a very feminine head, large dark eyes and
correct nose placement. Well bodied, level topline, well set and carried tail. In lovely coat and moved well both ways. 2 lovely girls, a close
3. Williams Paliden Star Delight.
Limit Bitch (7:0)
1. Longstaff`s Shimali Mums the Word. Beautiful head and lovely eyes. Correctly balanced with a good ribcage and good tailset and carriage.
In good coat and condition. Moving well.
2. Hatten`s Thaisu Vampire Kisses for Marbo. Solid Gold. Attractive head with dark well placed eyes. Well balanced with a lovely tail.
In good coat .Moved well both ways.
Open Bitch (1:0)
1. Dyker`s Thaisu Desperate Housewife at Kimevan G/W. Totally feminine head, large well spaced eyes and upturned nose. Correct length of leg.
Good ribcage, so well balanced with her arched neck ,level topline and tea pot tail. Kept her shape on the move with good driving action.
Coat of nice texture. Pleased to award her the CC
Veteran Bitch (3:0)
1. Marks/Malone`s Tansingh Angel and Demon. 9yr old G/W. Very pretty head. Good body and correct overall shape. Great tail.
Lovely coat for age. Steady on the move.
2. Williams Paliden Good as Gold. 7& 1/2yr old Solid gold. Another lovely well balanced girl with an attractive head. In good coat. Good rear
action. A bit loose in front.
Special Beginners Bitch (2:0)
1. Shimali Mums The Word.
2. Hutleys Zeeva Zafira. Pretty head and nice eye. Good neck. In good coat and condition. Moved ok.
Judge Steve Brown.